Columbus, Ohio is a place that I love to call home. From its amazing food to its adorable shops, there is always something to do. My husband and I have a pretty chaotic schedule, but when we have a little down time, we try to explore this city of ours. For many of you local dwellers, you may be familiar with some of these local businesses that tickle my fancy [ahem, Jeni’s!], but perhaps there are a few on my that you have yet to hear of!
- Homage: We all love those soft feeling and great fitting t-shirts. Need a shirt to tailgate at your favorite sports team? Grab one of these! I personally love my Legends Never Die t-shirt. It hits the spot when I want to feel comfortable for a day of errands with my honeybee!
- Yao Cheng: I recently discovered Yao Cheng's designs through my local West Elm where she was holding a watercolor workshop. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend but have been admiring her work ever since I discovered her. From her watercolor prints to her adorable tea towels, I am in love! She does color so well and it feels so fresh! I was thrilled when I found out that my local West Elm would be carrying some of her work! I can’t wait to check it out!
- Jeni’s Ice Cream: Jeni's Ice Cream is hands down one of the best I have ever had. It’s one of the things I truly miss since going Vegan. The Salty Caramel was my favorite but The Buckeye Sate was a close second! For our wedding, we received Jeni’s cookbook and loved it! If you love ice cream and want to try to make your own, I definitely recommend her book! It was easy to make and made for a fun date night! There is a good chance that there is a Jeni's Ice Cream store open near you as they are opening up new shops all over the country! Don't have a Jeni's nearby but still want a taste? You can order a pint online!
- Snap-Bibs: So I should preface by saying that I do not have children, yet. You will quickly learn by reading my blog that I have a love for all things baby! Because I work with children all day long, they are often on the brain and we cannot wait until we have own of our own one day. Snap-Bibs is a local company that makes bibs for babies that are not only functional, but adorable! How cute is this gold sparkle bib? I personally know that my little one will be lookin’ fancy at all times- even when they eat!
- The Jones Market: I have a couple of their necklaces and they are so easy to put on and go. I am a lover of all things sparkly, but some days, sparkle is a little too much for my wardrobe [hello little preschoolers!]. These necklaces are great because when I am working with my little ones, I don’t need to worry if they put them in their mouth or pull on it. These pretties are non-toxic, tuggable, and baby friendly. Did I mention they come in child sizes, too?
- Celebrated Company: This is a small company that carries blankets for little ones. My eyes were immediately drawn to this black and white striped blanket. The prices are very much affordable and it looks like it is great quality. I wouldn’t mind adding this one to my hope chest for future baby Laird!
- Brim Papery: I literally squealed when I found out that Brim Papery was local. This lovely owner is a teacher turned stationary shop owner [my dream]. Her work is adorable. It’ so refreshing to find shop owners who are genuinely passionate about what they do. When I saw that she had these Boss Bitch cards, I knew I was going to be instantly hooked! I already have a list of people who will be getting this jam in their mailbox!